HIX – S-650
- Easy integrated digital time and temperature settings – Touch-screen controller access allows simple dialing in of time and temperature. From the touch-screen controller, preset selections of temperature-time combinations can be easily programmed into the machine.
- The current pressure is displayed on the touch-screen display each time the press closes. The pressure is easily changed with the black pressure dial on the face of the control housing (clockwise for more, counter-clockwise for less). There are nine settings: 0-3 for light pressure, 4-6 for medium, and 7-9 for heavy. This is a great feature, especially if you press a lot of different thicknesses.
- Tilting (floating) lower platen – The bottom platen tilts up towards the upper platen as the heat press closes. This equalizes pressure, even when pressing thick items like a quarter-inch thick 8×10 ceramic tile.
- Top Pressure Plate- The handle attaches to a 4″x 5″ pressure plate on the top platen instead of a single screw going into the top platen. This provides more even pressure on the outside edges of the press (think of it as pushing down with your entire hand, versus just your thumb).
- Certified electrically safe (ETL) – The “Electrical Testing Laboratory” seal means HIX presses have passed a rigid and demanding independent testing process, and have been certified electrically safe.
- 100% Made in the USA – HIX has its own 11,000 sq ft manufacturing facility with its very own fully integrated aluminum foundry, CNC mill operation, welding, metal forming, wiring, fabrication, assembly, and packaging departments.
- A one-year general warranty and lifetime warranty on the heater element.